10-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #1187
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
The phrase, "Oh officer that's not mine" has been used a billion times. However, has that line saved a suspect at least once for you?

When conducting a traffic stop, has anyone mentioned to you right off the bat, "Please don't shoot me"?
Yes to both.

Here are a couple examples:

I drove by a known drug house in my patrol area and observed a woman sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle parked in front of the residence. I detained her pending a drug investigation (...case law allows for that). I run her and she comes back with a drug warrant. I pull her out of the vehicle and search the car. I found a Ruger firearm hidden in the vehicle along with methamphetamine. She stated it wasn't hers. I believed her, but her gangster boyfriend wouldn't come out of the house and I had no warrant nor exigency to enter the residence and get him. She ended up taking the wrap for the gun and the methamphetamine. I told her to keep better company. The coward was too scared to man up.

As for your second inquiry....

...People always have something to say when I have my gun out. I calmly explained to them my gun came out because they kept reaching around the vehicle. Furtive movements are the quickest way to be on the receiving end of a LEO's firearm.
Appreciate 3
F30lolz6798.50
vreihen1615271.00
Dang3r12512.00