07-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #67
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter View Post
I traded my fully loaded X3 in for a Ridgeline Sport. I got tired of putting mulch bags in my nice SUV. I was never a truck guy, but I'm liking it more and more. The bed is 6 ft with the tailgate down, the bed is flat all the way across. I don't need a plastic liner because it's already composite. I don't like to put pizza or to-go food inside because it stinks up the AC, so I put it in the trunk ( bed has a trunk ) . I also put groceries in the trunk. I miss the turbo torque/acceleration of the X3, but the Ridgeline has almost 300 HP .

Since I've owned it, I've hauled a huge generator, mulch, lawnmower, entire fence project with 6ft boards and later with 12ft boards, couches, boxes, washer and dryer.

I use to rent the Home Depot truck but if you weren't there at opening, you have to wait for whoever to finish their project and get back.

I don't think I would buy the BMW truck because of the cost alone. Second reason is because I would be afraid to ruin the paint , interior, etc. My Ridgeline is just a truck . I don't worry about anything with it, not even the mileage or the "50,000 mile BMW warranty period"
Best of all, I get to fill up with normal fuel again lol !
Enjoy your Pilot with a cargo bed, which is what the current Ridgeline actually is. The Pilot is not a bad platform to begin with and for light duty, the Ridgeline is not a bad idea.

Personally I just don't care for trucks. I respect their capabilities and appeal but not for me.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN13117.00