JohnEnglish
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
The Ridgeline is amazing. It's perfect for what most people use a truck for. It's problem is that it doesn't project insecurity nearly as well as a "real" truck.
I think you are very much confused about how a pickup is used. A Ridgeline is not a truck you can work out of. Perhaps the salesman can work out of a Ridgeline, but he can do the same out of a Civic...so why buy a Ridgeline at all?

Anyone with tools and equipment does NOT buy a Ridgeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Quote:
The Ridgeline is amazing. It's perfect for what most people use a truck for. It's problem is that it doesn't project insecurity nearly as well as a "real" truck.
Wow, I never thought I would hear Ridgeline and amazing in the same sentence. Besides the fact it is hideous, its towing capacity, ground clearance and off road capabilities are worst in class. Its grossly underpowered. Did I mention it's hideous? Probably a reason it is one of the worst selling trucks.
That's exactly why it's great. It's not meant for someone who needs to be towing lots of heavy stuff or going really off road. That why full size pick ups exist. The Ridgeline is for people who think they need that but really don't. Like I said the problem is that it's not big enough so those people don't want to buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
Quote:
I think you are very much confused about how a pickup is used. A Ridgeline is not a truck you can work out of. Perhaps the salesman can work out of a Ridgeline, but he can do the same out of a Civic...so why buy a Ridgeline at all?

Anyone with tools and equipment does NOT buy a Ridgeline.
I guess I should tell the general contractors I know to return their Ridgelines.

Full size pickups have their place of course. However, the people who buy them and aren't tradespeople towing 10,000 on a regular basis or have 8,000 lbs of equipment in the back would most of the time be better suited with something like a Ridgeline. But like I said it's not imposing enough for them to consider.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00