natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
So, for direct comparison, I just spec'd out an M50i, the same way I would want it, fully loaded except for Aluminum running boards (note: not even available for the M50i) and Rear seat entertainment.

M50i: $121,180
40i: $100,180

To quote E.T., "Oooooouuuuuuuuuuuchhhhh".

So here's what the extra $21k would get me, none of which apparently available on 40i anymore:
- New M50i engine with buttload more power
- Cerium grey wheels (kinda look funny with Extended Shadowline Black accents)
- B&W audio system ($3400 option)
- Panoramic LED Sunroof
- Heated and Cooled Cupholders
- Laser headlights (still constrained for US market)

Note, of course, that there is no "M-sport 50i". The M50i **is** the M-sport version of the 50i, so you have to go all-out if you're looking for the M-sport in the 50i line.

That's a lot of extra cheddar, if I'm just wanting to stay with the LED sunroof, cooled cupholders, and B&W audio. I know it's silly, but the cooled cupholders were something I was really looking forward to, along with the other stuff.

Another note: Yes, definitely bugs in the configurator. As I said about, on the 40i, if I select "headliner alcantara in leather color", it turns my black interior all white. On the M50i, selecting the same thing keeps the all-black interior, but turns the headliner all white, lol.
Keep in mind that $15K of that is the 50i engine. For the vast majority of drivers, the 40i is plenty. I’d get it similarly equipped with the 40i and it is much more reasonable. After discounts it would prob be mid to high $70s.
Appreciate 0