01-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #13
Stanky19
Friends don't let friends early apex!
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Turbo Schnitzel"

Garage List
2007 E92 335I  [0.00]
i agree with you whole heartedly about alonso being the best out there, but alonso is a very emotional driver, and he needs an emotional team behind him (like renault in the mild seven days). Yes i feel Ferrari is more suited to him than Mclaren was without a doubt, but i'm not convinced the Ferrari car will be able to leapfrog its rivals on development.

FWIW, word was that Brawn had already achieved over 100% of the 09' car's downforce on the 10' car when they were working on it mid 09' season (the dip in their results, once the title became the focus, resources were shifted back to the 09' car, hence the brawn's pace increase towards the end of the year.) So they should be solid out of the box as well. (Schumi)

Newey is arguably the best aerodynamicist in the paddock, and with the front tires loosing size (ie. favoring more of a pushy balance) this year in the regs, as well as the WHOLE fuel load onboard, tire conservation is going to be the main priority to minimize pit stops. To be more specific, rear tire conservation. As with any high hp car/formula car, it's verrry easy to overheat the rear tires and raise the pressure, thus making them less effective. We stuggle with it on the Indy lights car and the Grand Am Rolex cars, and we're no where near the F1 hp levels. So if you can preserve you're rear tires for a longer time, you will have better shots off the corners (which is where most of the lap time is on high hp cars). F1 is unique as it has such high levels of downforce, but most tracks have a few if not a majority of slow speed, mechanical grip corners that necessitate effective rear tire use to exit well. And you can bet Newey is considering this into the 10' design. I'm not saying it's for sure, but i feel his optimization of the rules (as he showed in 09') and Vettel being hungry (letting the title slip away), i feel he will be the favorite.

If it rains, i think it'll be the hamilton and vettel show!