View Single Post
      02-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #10
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Yeah, it seems VishnuTuning is having their share of publems with their PROcede V2. Many threads over at E90POST.com are in discussion about different hiccups in their piggy causing limp modes and CELS.

The older PRocede 1.47 map seemed pretty reliable and after close to a year he finally got that refined, but the whole move to V2 has been somewhat shaky.

Are you saying YOUR having a problem with YOUR PROcede, I'm confused with your last sentence... "..get him over here see what going on with it." ...??????

eunosracr, a boost guage will only tell what PSI you were running when your engine blows. If someone overboost, they have no control over what to do in that millisecond after he notices the alarm. The dmg is done before any human can react. Boost guages are a novelty...!

Secondly, none of that mambe-jambe you mentioned (ie: monitoring boost levels on your laptop, boost guages, TQ settings, removing before the a dealer visit, etc) are neccessary with an ECU flash. You certainly didn't do all of that nonsense when your car was stock, so why bother with it once you've had a professional tune...? With an ECU flash, you flash and forget! Their rock solid and should be, their actually a "tune" of a chip. For this level of engineering, you do have to pay more. But, then again you get more!
Garrett your posts show over and over how little you know about cars and tuning for that matter. I would rather pay more to have my car run exactly how i want it to. I want user adjustable settings. I see a flash as paying more and getting less. I cant tune it, i cant sell it. I'm stuck with it. Then again if you are not comfortable modding and tuning a flash is probably the way to go for you. Dialing a car in to run exactly how I want it to is part of the fun. Taking 30 minutes to take out the Procede before going to the dealership is a walk in the park. Taken as a percentage of total users, the issues with V2 are far and few. If you knew about boost gauges with peak hold warnings you can easily let off the throttle the minute you trip the peak hold alarm. The alarm will sound the minute you hit 15lbs and you back off simple as that. With no boost guage you could go 15lbs, 16lbs, 20 lbs and boom your engine blows. Boost gagues with warning meters are totally helpful and have saved my engines more than a few times. Please do your research. Here i even added a picture for your reference. The red little light goes off when you breach a predetermined boost limit. The memory button is to play back your run. Yeah you are right boost gauges are totally a novelty (sarcasm). By the way my cousin has a 335i running Procede V2. The car pulls like a train and has never had any issues with it. Go figure.

Appreciate 0