View Single Post
      02-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #11
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunosracr View Post
Garrett your posts show over and over how little you know about cars and tuning for that matter. I would rather pay more to have my car run exactly how i want it to. I want user adjustable settings. I see a flash as paying more and getting less. I cant tune it, i cant sell it. I'm stuck with it. Then again if you are not comfortable modding and tuning a flash is probably the way to go for you. Dialing a car in to run exactly how I want it to is part of the fun. Taking 30 minutes to take out the Procede before going to the dealership is a walk in the park. Taken as a percentage of total users, the issues with V2 are far and few. If you knew about boost gauges with peak hold warnings you can easily let off the throttle the minute you trip the peak hold alarm. The alarm will sound the minute you hit 15lbs and you back off simple as that. With no boost guage you could go 15lbs, 16lbs, 20 lbs and boom your engine blows. Boost gagues with warning meters are totally helpful and have saved my engines more than a few times. Please do your research. Here i even added a picture for your reference. The red little light goes off when you breach a predetermined boost limit. The memory button is to play back your run. Yeah you are right boost gauges are totally a novelty (sarcasm). By the way my cousin has a 335i running Procede V2. The car pulls like a train and has never had any issues with it. Go figure.

Wait... you know how to tune a car..?

Because, your whole post implies you need to take the lead when it comes to customization and tell a tuner exactly how you want it to work...? Are you kidding us..?

What do you mean by this..? Do you realize it would cost uypwards of $4-6k to have a professional tuner, fly in and do custom work. How is it that your so special and need custom work done..? Managmenet thats so precise and elaborate the the engine's ECU just wouldn't do..?

There is only one outcome coveted from a tune, which is nearly identical for everyone; the most efficient burn possible under the safest valuables allowed, without harming the engine.

-j. Brōōch

So, what professional tuner hase done custom work for you..? Did you bore the engine out, thus needing a custom tune..? Hunh?

eunosracr, Do you honestly think that hooking a laptop to a piggyback and adjusting a torque setting is tuning your car? LOL....!

Here is something so simple to prove your ignorant of what you speak. Do you realize that a Dinan Flash, or a Conforti Shark will know what Octane gas is in your car and adjust accordingly

With a piggyback, you have to manually download a map for such a feat! Wow... does that make you feal special... or closer to your tune? Like you somehow have done something "tuner like" ..? You still have to download the right map for your octane.. and some piggies have a neat trick where if you hold down a button and press another... it loads whatever map you had in that bank. Neat trick and sounds all dark and secretive....

Sorry just not needed for Dinan/Conforti..!

Matter-of-fact, when your pounding on your car out on the streets or at the track you don't have to think about anything related to tuning. Like anything proffesionally installed, you just don't have to worry about it.

ECUs control of over 2,000 engine functions. A piggyback is a harness that can only fool up to 11 - 12 of those...! Piggybacks are not "tune", because they havn't tuned anything... they piggyback on top of the tune, thus their name!

Now that we've established how little you are actually involved with the actual tuning of your car..... we get to hear with how a GUAGE can save your BMW engine..?

Because a boost guage does nothing... it just indicates what the engine is doing. You have no control over it... and if it does squak at you, your already too late. These engine are 10.2 to 1 compression, 5psi over and your engine might not recover. But it's a good thing that the ECU can see this and clamp down on it in milliseconds, before a human being could actually register it in his mind, let alone react to it...!

So if your overboosting, you have a bad piggy design. And a boost guage will do nothing to fix or stop it.

Though, they are kewl to look at and makes you feel more "in-tune" with your car. Ebay says people who buy this usually go with a BOV too.

But all the pozers like to be noticed... and heard!
Appreciate 0