03-06-2019, 05:23 AM   #132
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahobo View Post
I've owned a lot of BMW's and would consider myself a loyal fan of the brand. The quality, fit, finish and value has been commendable compared to most competing brands. That said, I won't be purchasing any of the new vehicles with the buck-toothed front grilles. I honestly thought the first renderings of these cars were a bad joke when they first appeared on this board. I hoped the final versions would not have these exaggerated dimensions, and was thoroughly disappointed to see the designs made it to final production. I am currently on my second X5M and don't know what I'll do when it's time to trade.

Granted, the Lexus has the ugliest maw on the market, so I see where BMW fans prefer to make the comparison here. The majority of the people I have spoken with, who are not brand loyalists or car aficionados, feel the Cayenne and Range Rover possess far more attractive designs. Is this a testament to quality, engineering or driving enjoyment? No. But let's be honest with ourselves as BMW owners/fans, this new line of vehicles is hideous to look at. Maybe purchasing an all black version and immediately ordering blacked-out components is the best compromise to avoid parking lot embarrassment. I highly recommend new buyers visit the IND website to make the necessary "upgrades."
Let the OP enjoy his new car.

If you have nothing nice to say don't say it....

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25173.50
clee1982797.50
MystroX56314.50