04-18-2024, 07:25 AM   #215
tewai
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 LCI Frozen Pure Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
I wonder if it's user error or maybe I just got lucky with every BMW I've ever owned blowing out very cold AC.

Last summer we did a 5k mile road trip through some of the hottest places in the US (Southern CA, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas) where exterior temps reached over 120 degrees and most of the time were in the 110-120 range. We had no issues with the AC. It was so cold, my wife and kids had to bring extra blanket to use in the car, and also ask me to turn the temps up.

We used to live in Texas and had various 3 and 5 series, and all of them blew out extremely cold AC.

I find a lot of folks don't know that there's two temp adjustments in BMW's. The temp gauge/dial plus an area where you choose if the system blows out cold vs warm vs hot air. Everyone that I know that had complained about AC issue, when I met up with them, they all had that 2nd setting set at hot, while trying to get cold air out of the system. Once I showed them how to change that (used to be a simple dial between the vents, now it's hidden in idrive menu), they never complained about AC not blowing out cold air again.
Do you have it all the way to left?
I felt like having it too mutch to the left caused rear seats were getting less cold.
Appreciate 0