10-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #20
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerStockholm View Post
Hello! I have two questions and I sense that the right people are on this wonderful forum:

1) Understand that 6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection will be available from April 2019. Anyone knows if it will be possible to retro-fit on vehicles made in March?
2) I want a wagon that is optimized for slippery winter roads (snow and ice in combination) and I wonder if the 2VH Integral Active Steering will make things better or not? (in Europe it is only sold together with rather pricey 2VS Executive Drive Pro and I THINK that this is more of a 'limousine option' that gives a smooth ride but doesn't add road holding).

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Per
Highly unlikely you can easily retrofit the night vision. I'm sure it could be done with enough labor and the right parts (plus coding the ECU) but it will probably wind up costing you big bucks. If it is important to you, I would wait and just build one from the factory with it.

The Integral Active Steering is the 4-wheel steering option. I.e. the rear wheels steer in the opposite direction of the fronts at low speeds to decrease the turning radius of the vehicle. At higher speeds, the rear wheels turn in the same direction as the fronts to increase stability - at highway speeds the vehicle will feel more stable and seem to glide when doing lane changes. From a physics perspective, it is the equivalent of shortening or lengthening the wheelbase. From a snow/ice driving perspective, I don't see how it would offer any benefit.
Appreciate 1