View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #15
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
While I personally used to think the same thing, that the X7 is just an X5 with a full 3rd row, my thinking has changed, now having seen and driven the X7. Yes, the cockpit features and layout is identical. Yes, the leg, elbow, and head room specs are identical. But the luxury finish is just up another step in the X7.
If luxury finish is just up another step in the X7 - all it means you sat in 2 different trims in x5 and x7.
luxury finish is identical in those cars equipped with the same options:

Merino extended leather is available on both. Leather dashboard is on both. I had 2 tartufo cars seating next to each other x5 adn x7 - both looked identical with the bench seat.

Full leather is going to be available on x5 as well as on X7 in more colors which again will make them look identical.

Space - is another issue. x7 is build on stretched x5 platform - so it has more space.
you can order captains chairs - another difference (but as we are learning in another thread not always a plus)

To me - the verdict is simple.Since i would be ordering with the bench seat in tartufo: You get more space in x7 at expense of handling. X5 is a smaller- more nimble, better handling car with less space.
Appreciate 0