09-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I am thinking LM60 myself, just because in Chicago its mostly cold we have to deal with (like 0-15 degrees all winter) but its normally dry and even when we get snow the roads are cleared by the next day. 95% of the time will be driving on cold clear roads. The only reason I am/was considering the WS60/70 is because we do still get a lot of ice even when the roads are clear.

On our '12 X3 I purchased WS60 tires and my wife said she never felt so confident driving in the snow with them, her last two cars were both all wheel drive but had all season tires, she said the handling in snow with the WS60 tires blew her old cars away. Since she normally has the kids (1 and 3) I decided it was worth it to go dedicated snow tires in the winter this time, whats $1500 over 3 years for the safety of your family, especially when you are saving the wear on your summer tires while doing so.

So to sum it up, depending on how much snow you actually get and how you drive, that should decide if you go with winter performance or snow/ice tires.
I'm confused!

If this is the case then why is the Blizzak WS70 cheaper than the Blizzak LM60? The WS70 is $960 and the LM60 is $1060.

If the WS70 is better in snow (which is what I want), then I rather save the $100 and go with these...I dont care about performance in winter as I rather move from point A to point B safely and reach home without any issues.

I'm confused man...