Thread: lease or buy
View Single Post
      09-27-2007, 02:16 PM   #9
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

I generally lease because:

1) i swap cars often with wife, which keeps the mileage down...she barely drives our Pathfinder
2) very little or no money down on a lease
3) reasonable payments vs buying same car
4) you drive a car that is maintenance free and mechanical expense free during entire time you are leasing it (if BMW)
5)In certain circumstances,you can drive a slightly nicer car than you could otherwise afford when you lease
6) when you lease, you have the luxury of driving a new car every few years, taking advantage of new technological advances....if you get sick of cars easily, leasing is a good option

On the flip side A) you always have a payment B) mileage limits C)that car better be kept pristine and stock or else at lease termination they will hit you with excessive wear and tear charges that you may think are normal wear and tear....

9 out of 10 financial advisors would tell you to buy a slightly used car that is 1 to 2 years old, and drive it until the wheels fall off.....sound advice that I choose to ignore....in most financial matters i think with my head....when it comes to cars, I think with another body part....to me, cars are an indulgence...

It's been my experience that the newest cars that are introduced typically DO NOT carry the best lease deals(your experience may differ)....I will be buying the 135,simply because I plan to drive it for 5 years, maintain it beautifully (garaged,claybar, and waxed regularly) then give to my son when he turns 17.....
Appreciate 0