View Single Post
      02-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #369
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Rule of thumb is if you switch vehicles at least every three years and you are not driving more than 15k miles/year, leasing is the way to go (unless the lease deals are very bad which is not what BMW is known for).

And of course, the more options you load onto the vehicle, the more attractive leasing gets. After all, you are only paying a part of them.

On my current Audi Q7, the lease numbers were actually terrible but I still decided to lease because mine, at $88K, was pretty loaded. Difference in payment between lease and finance was only $100 (usually, it's much higher).

I will be turning in my Audi in less than two weeks and although I only have 9K miles of the 30K allowed on it, I would be upside down by at least $15K if I would try to sell or trade it in.

Now, I can just drop it off and have somebody else (Audi Financial) worry about that. THAT'S what I like about leasing..

That’s actually incredibly helpful. I fit that category to a T. I’ve always been a cash guy and after some research and frankly talking with you guys it makes sense. My Accountant said the same thing. Thank you for that write up. Now I just need someone to look at the numbers and tell me where to peg the dealership.
Appreciate 0