Thread: Car Play issues
View Single Post
      03-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
miggy1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 Xdrive40i

I am having an intermittent issue with Carplay. about 50-60% of the time when making or receiving calls I can hear the person I am speaking with but they can not hear me. I have an iPhone X and I am on version 11/2008.53. I brought the car in this week to the dealer and explained the issue to my service rep who said he didn't know of any carplay issues with the car which I found surprising considering how many issues you can just on this board. Anyway he told me they were installing the software update. The next day I got a call from the dealer that the car was ready but my service rep was out. I picked up the car it paired well and the phone worked with no issues (its an intermittent problem) after one day the same problems returned and I checked my software version and it is 11/2008.53 not updated. then I look at the paperwork and it says that they checked the carplay and it worked so they didn't install the update. I am beyond pissed at being lied to and my time wasted. I was extremely clear this was an intermittent issue you can't check it once and decide all is okay and then I was told that they were updating the software and they obviously didn't. Sorry for venting. Very disappointed in BMW.
Appreciate 0