Thread: Mercedes GLC
View Single Post
      11-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
Verker
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: MB C-Class 220 T-Model

Well, BMW is overpriving its mini platform based models so hard, that the step up to an SUV of the next / upper class (even if its an expensive mercedes) becomes nearly irrelevant. A decently equipped X1 price is such a laugh, i can get my mercedes dealer to sell me a GLC for nearly the price. And even if the gap was like 5 grand, many buyers will opt for the bigger car.

That said, i can fully understand the OPs question, since i am currently xshopping between these cars myself. That said, i think BMW is missing a top opportunity to increase its market share, since models like the X1 or their recently release small vans would make great lifestyle city cars for small families - if they would be affordable for families... Why should i throw 47.000,- Euros on a decently equipped 2 wheel driven diesel X1, when i could nearly by a c-class with a more powerful engine for just the price (relates to Europe / Austrian prices)?

Bottom line: Either the price tags on the X1 are just too steep, or they have to put a lot more equipment into them (better seats / audio / climate controls / parking sensors) which at the moment you have to spend thousands of Euros to attach to your standard models. In the end thats just too much, and its not the we are the poorest household around...
Appreciate 0