View Single Post
      08-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
jwestfield
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 i7 and '23 M8 Competition

I had heard that, too . . .

. . . and hope that they will start to ship all of the FIRSTS over in the next week or so, so we can take delivery of these cars at the very latest by end of september.

In its usual fashion, BMW has poorly planned this car's US release - it's really not acceptable how this (communication of what happens and when) has been handled from the very start.

In addition, BMW should be outright ashamed that their systems are not in synch - My BMW online, the automated voice system 1-800 number at BMW NA, and the operators at BMW NA, and the dealers - all of them have conflicting info - and NO one (not even corporate BMW employees) can decipher what it all means.

In my opinion, it would be better to have NO info vs. the garbled mess they are handing to us - supposedly some of their 'top' US customers.

Sorry to sound so disappointed, but any company as big and profitable (!!) as BMW should have people dedicated to handling comms on things like this. I guess it's all just wishful thinking, as I have to remind myself that BMW is also the company that is probably the very worst in terms of what their mobile apps can do, as well.

I think I should quickly re-dial my expectations and realize all they can do is build cool cars, and the rest of the corporate operation must not be important, as they don't pay attention to the other (important) details

Last edited by jwestfield; 08-22-2014 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0