Quote:
Originally Posted by boss460 View Post
Final update on our M50i.

9/17 Order Received
10/3 Scheduled for Production
10/29 Production Begins
11/9 Thru Assembly and on Quality Check by end of day
11/11 Awaiting Carrier Assignment
11/15 They just confirmed it's at the dealer. Online still shows Awaiting Carrier Assignment.

At the beginning it was "3-4 weeks but we still have to quote 6-8". After only 1 week they started telling me that it has entered production and should have doors by installed by the end of the week and should have a VIN in a few days. Couple days after that I was told it was a day ahead of schedule. Then I found the online tracker and they crawfished. Had a conversation about dishonest salesmen.

8 weeks and 3 days. If you are ordering, do NOT listen to any salesman BS. Ask them about their next allocation for an X7.
Yep! I placed my order on 10/12/2019. I specifically asked my salesman this question: "Realistically, how long will it "really" take for the vehicle to arrive at the dealership?" His response was: "This will be an October build and therefore, we should see the vehicle here at the dealership by the 1st week of November."

The vehicle rolled on to the dealership's lot on Wednesday, November 13, 2019. I take delivery tomorrow.

All that being said, I guess he was only a week off so I really don't have to much to complain about. However, that online tracker is a mess. As soon as it left the port it said it was at the dealership but in reality it was loaded on a semi and in transit to the dealership.

BMW needs to get their act together on the technology side of the house.
Appreciate 0