Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Snow Story Anyone?

Here's mine:

My school sends us all over the place for our 3rd year clerkship. I ended up with two far away sites back-to-back in the winter for 3 months. The commute each way ranges from 25 to 40 miles. I had to drive through multiple storms either to get to work or get home. The x-Drive system has been awesome. Together with the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D winter tires, I have never gotten stuck any where, even in the worst snow storm. I love the XI.

I remember this particular day: It was the worst storm of the whole winter. It started snowing overnight and the roads are all covered with fresh snow. I had to drive about 30 miles to work that day. I went to the Shell gas station and fueled her up. Next, I headed on to Storrow Drive. For those who know Boston, it's a pretty nasty old highway with lots of curves. At the on-ramp, the Camry in front did a 270 and its tail ended up hitting the guard rail. I continued on my journey. On Storrow, I fish tailed once for going to fast in a curve (my bad). Otherwise, the car handled well. Once I got onto I-93, it was like hell...... could barely see anything, the roads are not plowed and covered with snow. I drove slow and managed to ge to the I-95 interchange. After I got to Route 128, I witnessed multiple cars on the opposite lanes doing 180s, 270s, and 360s, couple cars ended up in the guard rail and couple in the ditch. When I got close to Beverly, the car next to me started to fish tail and did a 180 coming at me! That was one of the scariest moment since I've been driving. Of course, I got to work in one piece, albeit, 45 minutes late.

How about yours?