06-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #22
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushmdat23 View Post
Got my xi in Feb so in the middle of snow season here is Chicago. My work is 35 miles each way and most of itis on back roads in northern Ill/southourn WI that dont exactly get plowed on time. Car was very stable, no traction issues. I would actually pick the lane with snow on it just to pass the cars crawling in the slush. Plowing through 2 to 3 inches of snow was no problem with the Dunlop WinterSports.
On a side note, Kev and Dragonman4, by "clerkships" are you referring to med school clerkships?
I'll go one step farther, I got my xi at the beginning of March. Thinking the snow was near done, I didn't bother to order winter tires for the remainder of the season. The last big snowfall of the year 6-8 inches happened just after I got my car with summer rubber 18 inch tires. I took the car to an unplowed parking lot and managed to drive through and drift around in what was easily 6 inches of snow.

I decided to come to a complete stop, just to see how easy it was to get going again and had no problems at all. Granted, the tires were brand new. I'll also add that stopping distances were increased compared to winter tires. That said, the car was completely manageable on 18 inch summer tires. xDrive is pretty awesome.
Appreciate 0