View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
leezy1968
Rep
Drives: 320 touring

well it was with what i read on the internet plus i know EGR can be a pain at times and my foolish brother said get them done, they probably didn't need doing to be honest but just as with the m47 i thought they would give similar problems on the flaps.

but i hear from a local engine rebuild place that the N47 cranks are only fit for the bin when they get them, plus i here the oil pumps are not so clever ect and the chain problem they have, so don't sound the best engine. i have a 330D and thats miles better engine.

some of the older BM engines im sure there better than the N47

shame its not such an easy swap, i guy told me as long as i get a ally block from a 2007 it should be ok as there all forward facing engines but im not sure if he said the fuel pump might be in a different place. im sure he said fuel and not oil. but i didn't think they made the M47 with ally block. its not easy trying to get the correct info on cars these days...

im not a mechanic im just trying to find a better way of getting the car back on the road without having to but an over priced N47 back in it...

Last edited by leezy1968; 01-28-2020 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0