09-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #7
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Its interesting that BMW of SD is the largest bmw dealership in san diego, and yet none of you purchased it there.
I did, despite plenty of expectation that I'd never give them my business. In the end, it came down to a couple of factors: They're the closest to where I live, and I figured I might have a better relationship with the service department if I purchased from them, and also I wanted to give my salesperson the business.

He was by far the best I had dealt with from five dealerships. He followed up consistently, remembered every detail about me along the way, and never pressured me to finally commit to a purchase. It was close to six months from the time I first set foot in there and met him to my actual order date.

They weren't the absolute cheapest; the difference came down to about $100. I decided that the proximity and goodwill were worth more. Of course I've heard the horror stories about their service department. I'll give them the chance to prove otherwise.

First, though, they have to respect my repeated requests not to drill the front bumper for the license plate frame. We shall see, sometime in early November.
Appreciate 0