02-11-2022, 04:38 PM   #37
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yeah no problem, that's what I like to do watch about the technology in these cars. Seems like AMR put a crap ton of work into it. If I had to predict I would think AMR finishes ahead of mclaren this year, just looking at the early aero concepts alone. The side pod design is way more agressive on the AMR, the front wing tricks are more agressive on the AMR (look at the way the strakes are curved and the way it attaches to the nose so seemlessly that is some detail I never expected from aston), even the floor is more agressive. But mclaren is doing pull rod front suspension which is very interesting.

I am keen to see the mercedes and redbull to see what the real titans will be doing.
I'm only half way through the video and pretty impressed with the amount of development for a first year car. The dual tea trey is really interesting. Lets see if it really gives them an advantage. The pull-rod front on the McLaren is interesting as the last few cars including Mclaren/Ferrari (2010 if I remember) did not have a very good front end and they reverted to push-rod.

The Aston does look more developed than the McLaren at this point. As you stated I really want to see what Mercedes and Redbull have come up with. The thing I love about rule changes is the engineering and different approach taken by each team. Lets see if any one comes up with a real game changer ala the Brawn double diffuser.
Appreciate 1
F87source7307.50