View Single Post
      10-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #68
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Uh I think you're missing the point of my post (given your reaction):

I'm personally very happy to have it with a manual, completely fine with the fact that is only comes with a manual AND say that a manual is more fun/enjoyable (i.e. I still prefer manual over DCT for the intended use of the car).

BUT I would also be fine if it came with both and I would have still bought it if it only came with a DCT.

Now my opinion (and it's only my humble opinion, you are certainly entitled to your own as well) is that saying 'DCT would have been a deal-breaker for me' is snobish and near-sighted and that the other qualities of the car (and the fact that DCT while not being a manual is the closest thing you can get to a manual and actually faster than any manual) certainly outweigh the difference between Manual/DCT gearboxes.

Don't get me wrong, I hate torque converters (and slow/jerky SMGs) as much as any of you and the 1M coming with only a torque converter or SMG would probably have been much more of a deal breaker for me, but DCT is a different thing.

Anyways this is a silly thread that was going to of course get these kinds of reactions, i should have known better than try to get in that argument (once I finally have the darn car I'll go drive it rather than spend time reading these forums). And in the end the move of sports and luxury cars to DCT is unavoidable simply because its faster and smoother.

And then what will you people do? Refuse to buy new cars?

Now if someone could explain to me what is juvenile about a list, I'd greatly appreciate!
Appreciate 0