View Single Post
      02-16-2015, 11:13 PM   #59
AppStoreMoney
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Asked and answered above.. 2 car seats leaves no room in the middle of an X5 let alone X3. We tried it for a while with an X3 and it was too much hassle, once you have 2 car seats in back and a stroller or double stroller in the trunk, just not much room left. x5 is miles better, but still not big enough for any extra passengers. Perfect for daily use and vacations but as soon as you want to pick up grandma or whatever, no can do.

My thoughts on an X7 is it gives me another option to a Q7 or GL (which I can't imagine I would like the driving dynamics) if/when we decide we need more room for our kids' friends when they get a little older. Could be useful now, but not enough that I would want anything bigger, yet.
When you have two car seats, and you need to pick up grandma, you enter minivan territory. The X7, when it comes out, won't have the driving dynamics you are looking for. You'll end up with a vehicle that has the BMW badge, but it won't drive like one. Not that you need to take turns fast when you carry that many people. But if it won't be fun to drive, you may as well get a toyota minivan.

I have one child and a 3-series. I often ride with two grandmas, my wife, and the kid. It's fine for short trips, but they complain about the lack of space if we have to spend more than 30 minutes in the car. Rather than getting huge SUV... I'm thinking I need to keep my 3-series, and have a minivan on the side.
Appreciate 0