View Single Post
      02-17-2015, 03:35 AM   #62
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi
I don't think X7 is a Q7 and GL rival, but a new niche so to say, that of luxury SUV. X7 will be rivalled by Audi Q8/Q9 and new GLS. So they'll be a lot more expensive, and far from being cheap family cars. If you have family get a van, not a SUV.
I'm on my second GL and first kid. To me, the GL is a tremendous improvement in utility and luxury over an X5 or ML. The added space for cargo in the GL is a no brainer. A stroller and groceries or luggage almost overwhelms the X5 or ML. I don't even have to fold the stroller and still have room for groceries, etc. I can also get two people in the second row beside a big car seat. Plus, it rides like an S class, and the base 450 has a twin turbo v8 that runs great. Does it handle like my M4? No. But I don't want it to, especially after a trip. The ride/handling balance is nicely bent toward luxury, which you should expect. My biggest complaints are the electronics are not as good as BMW and the rear facing car seat prevents the passenger seat from going back as far as I like, but it is acceptable. I can't believe BMW waited this long to have a GL competitor. There are GLs everywhere around here for good reason.

I think the X7 is a direct competitor for the GL and will be a touch cheaper in true BMW fashion.
Appreciate 0