02-17-2015, 01:05 PM   #68
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
With a vehicle of that size, truth be told that's about all that does matter. There's just this stigma neurotic white women have about wagons and Minivans that stops men buying them.

Truth be told who cares? You made three people, just ride it out and but a sports car when you're 50.
Lol agreed, to a point. Luckily, I have only made 2. To be fair and honest, I have always said, 3 kids is minivan territory. I think 3rd rows are only asinine in cars as small or smaller than an X5, since they're so limited in their use. I've seen bigger cars function well with them and still be preferable to many over a minivan. But nothing is as versatile when you need that much space as a minivan.

All comes back to the sacrifices we're willing to make, or not make. As such, the X7 has a place, same as the GL, Q7, same as the suburbans, sequioa's, etc. Whether it be that stigma you mentioned or simply a preference for something that either drives better, looks better, or both, the plethora of other options for large families works well for far too many people to consider them anything less than valid options. At one point, I would have added snow performance to that list, but I think modern minivans have gotten better in that area, at least those available with AWD, I am assuming. I'm sure there are plenty of families that would add towing capabilities and ground clearance as reasons to go with a big SUV over a minivan too… So I come back to, if you need or want an SUV, but need one bigger than an X5 and still favor driving dynamics, why not an X7…..

Last edited by chrisny; 02-17-2015 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 1