Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
What are your thoughts on the F8? I've been thinking of getting something a little more aggressive but still an all around bike. The new F8 is on the list.

What were some of your other bikes and how do you feel they compared to the F8?
First off, let me say I LOVE MY BIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to be more objective. I wouldn't call this an all around bike. Compared to my 2011 Orbea Orca, it is decidedly more "racy". It is very quick to turn in and if you are used to a more relaxed geometry it can feel twitchy. The Dogma is very stiff, especially compared with my really old 2007 Orca (yes I have two Orcas!) which feels like a noodle compared with the 'Dog. It's not stiff in a bad way that beats you up, it's stiff in the way it puts all your power down to the ground and just accelerates like a beast. It's actually a very comfortable ride. I use 28's at 100 psi and it's fantastic.

Don't expect it to be light. My '11 Orca with last generation SRAM Red weighs in at just under 15 pounds with pedals. My Dogma is over 17 pounds, but that is with disc brakes and ZIPP 303's. The strange thing about that is the bike doesn't feel heavy to ride. It climbs great and descending is amazing.

Once you get used to the quick steering, the bike carves corners like nothing else I've ridden. It's AWESOME. It's also super aerodynamic. I can out coast any of my friends...meaning if we are side by side at the same speed without pedaling, I will easily pull ahead just by tucking in.

Obviously the biggest downside to the bike is the price, which is partly what kept me from buying one years ago, that and for me I never liked the looks of the bike until the F8, which I think is gorgeous. It lives prominently in my living room like the piece of functional art that it is.

I highly recommend it as part of your stable, but it will be your "Ferrari" not an M5.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00