View Single Post
      09-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #255
sand99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glukhanko View Post
Lots of great comments, they made my day! The car itself — didnt. I find it truly ugly, with the exception of a few nice elements (rear lights for example). I did a 15 minute rework of the first picture, let me share it with you:

— Don't know why BMW decided to remove the horizontal inlet UNDER the kidneys, that used to help keep them the right size till now. Instead, they just stretched the grill downwards all over. I tried to return this element back.

— Also it not obvious why the headlights are so narrow on a face that is so tall? I made them slightly thicker.

— I get it, the overall design is meant to be monumental, RR Vogue-like, so the vertical accents are understandable. But lets at least make them a bit shorter.

— The door handles will not make it to production, but even on a concept: why do they have such a shape? Why not to make more accurate and almost invisible (like every other manufacter do when it comes to hidden handles)?

— And lastly, the most obvious part: the front door. I think it should have either typical dynamic BMW-curve or this RR-like monumental vertical accent. This is the HUGE X7, so i removed the curve in this case. But in general i am not a fan of hockey sticks on modern BMWs.

Please let me know what you think!
This is definitely a huge improvement! Just fix the hockey stick air breathers on the side and the breathers on the back and this would work.
Appreciate 0