View Single Post
      09-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #259
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by glukhanko View Post
Lots of great comments, they made my day! The car itself — didnt. I find it truly ugly, with the exception of a few nice elements (rear lights for example). I did a 15 minute rework of the first picture, let me share it with you!
Definitely better - nice work!

However, to me you didn't address the most glaring issue with the concept: right angles. I feel that if the ends of the larger hockey sticks between the wheels were angled (and shorter) like on the 5 Series, it would be an improvement. Perhaps make them parallel to the sheetmetal crease already in that same area (which to me looks good)? Same with the smaller hockey sticks on the rear bumper and also the air inlets on the front end - all of that needs to not be at right (or very steep anyway) angles because they are in direct opposition to the rather soft curves throughout the rest of the vehicle's exterior. In fact, the front and rear ones really just need to lose the full chrome treatment altogether, I think. Perhaps there is a way to remove at least some of the chrome from the hockey stick leaving a more elegant looking accent that does not dominate and overpower the soft curves nearby?

You mentioned that the vertical elements are understandable as a means to create a taller stature similar to how the RR uses them. But, the thing is, the RR is itself a very angular design with a very blocky look in general. So, what works for that vehicle does not work for the X7, IMHO.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00