04-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Even though Ross Brawn warned the teams about the diffusor loophole almost a year ago when OWG (overtaking working group) draft up the diffusor design regulations. but they opt to ignore it....so for those who were not involved in OWG (Toyota, Brawn GP, and Williams) read the written rules, found the loophole and took as advantage....

the teams who involved in OWG (Ferrari, McLaren, Renault...etc) naively thought the rules were clearly written and went with the flat diffusor they had in mind....becuase when they wrote the rules, they had an mental image how the diffusor should look like....and believe everyone else will be just the same because the "rules" were "clearly" written....

then they saw the "diffusor three" came to Australia and making good lap times....they were furious and scared....however the Parc Ferme deemed the diffusor three cars were all ok to race....they did not break any regulations that were written....
(even tho most fans believed that they violated the spirit of the rule)

the teams didn't the major advantage the diffusor can make (well...they should've known when ross brawn warned them a long time ago and with so many experts in aerodynamics...pshhhh...) they officially make a protest to the FIA and the rules and diffusor three will be in investigation.....
That has got to be hardest to understand post I have ever read; especially the last paragraph.

I understand that those involved with the "OWG" seem to have developed an "unfair" advantage but how is this a violation if the current rules allow it?