E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Wow... it violated the "spirit of the rules". If the FIA had stated in the rules not to modify the rear crash structure so as to allow more down force then they would have every right to protest. They are just not happy because they didn't think about it first.

This is how sports lose spectators because nobody wants to hear about the trivial.

that's what Ross Brawn warned all others about the "loophole" a year ago when they were drafting the regulations.....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74282

Quote:
"If I'm frank I didn't say 'look we are going to do this diffuser if you don't accept this rule' because I'm not going to tell people what we're doing, but I explained that I felt that we should have a different set of rules to simplify what needs to be done.

"I offered them and they were rejected, so my conscience is very clear. And those rules that I put on the table would have stopped a lot of things. It would have stopped the diffuser, it would have stopped all those bargeboards around the front, and it would have cleaned the cars up.

"Because it was clear that when we started to work on the regulations that there were things that you could do, and we needed to perhaps clean them up, but nobody was interested. They are interested now."
all other teams should give themselves a for not listening to Ross Brawn.....
just like Bernie not listening to others that it'll rain in Malaysia at 6pm!!!