View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #2
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemac8 View Post
I traded in a 2015 Suburban for my 2019 X7 40i. With the Suburban, I came to rely on the alerts I got when in reverse. If I were backing from a parking spot between two cars, the Suburban verbally alerted me to approaching cars from either direction. It also alerted me of a person approaching going to walk behind my vehicle.

The BMW does none of this. I am a careful driver, but I am also an older driver and can use all of the help I can get. If when backing from a parking space I turn around in the seat to my right, I can't see a person who suddenly appears from the left. My Suburban detected that person and beeped, causing me to brake.

I found this disappointment only after I bought the car. Foolishly, I thought it "standard" on all premium vehicles. This seems like a simple and readily available feature, why doesn't my very expensive BMW have it?
It does. Check your settings. Plus, use the camera. It's better than looking at one side and missing the other. Always be careful and be the driver but... the X7 will stop before hitting something. It will even turn the wheel to avoid an accident.
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 1