02-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #20
Joemac8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexder View Post
Joemac8: Rear cross traffic alert is standard on X7 and is supposed to do all those things. I test drove 3 X7s at a local dealer in SoCal and none of the cars had this feature working. It was enabled and yet did not work. Representative from BMW NA came in his X7 to perform training, was informed about the issue and it was not working on his X7 either ( he checked and rechecked all the settings on all the cars). Sales rep never followed up and my email to BMW NA about this was answered initially but no real resolution followed. I decided not buy anything from BMW after this encounter. Standard safety feature should work and if they don't care about it, why should I give them my money. Btw, same things was with 2 or 3 X5s I test drove

YUP, my five year old $60K Chevrolet had it but my $100K BMW doesn't. Had I known of this before I bought the car, it would have been a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong, I really like the car, but not at the cost of injuring some child who darts behind my car as I am backing up. I am aware that the driver should look all ways and ensure all is clear and constantly watch ....... however, drivers do not always see everything. Older drivers see even less. We need any advantage we can get and ample, in time, rear warnings should be standard on every car sold. The technology has been out in the marketplace a long time. It saves lives, injuries, property damage, ect. Are Veldt engineers just not smart enough to handle this???
Appreciate 0