View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #22
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemac8 View Post
YUP, my five year old $60K Chevrolet had it but my $100K BMW doesn't. Had I known of this before I bought the car, it would have been a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong, I really like the car, but not at the cost of injuring some child who darts behind my car as I am backing up. I am aware that the driver should look all ways and ensure all is clear and constantly watch ....... however, drivers do not always see everything. Older drivers see even less. We need any advantage we can get and ample, in time, rear warnings should be standard on every car sold. The technology has been out in the marketplace a long time. It saves lives, injuries, property damage, ect. Are Veldt engineers just not smart enough to handle this???
You guys have this feature on and it simply doesn't work when you've tested it? We're talking about CTA, right?

"Active Driving Assistant , includes Daytime Pedestrian Protection, Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, Active Blind Spot Detection, and rear Cross Traffic Alert"

I tested this a couple times during test drives and it worked with cars coming from different directions. I haven't received my X7 yet, so I haven't tested it at home.
Appreciate 0