03-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #81
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
That's a lot of miles in a week!

If you finish the half in 1:15, I'll still be running for almost 30 more minutes.
Really appreciate the support! We all start some where though. Running is such a long term game and balance of training, recovery and nutrition. It’s a pretty crazy story, but I will keep it short. Couple years ago I was 30lbs over weight and said....screw this I hated how I looked. Started running and changed everything in terms of sleep and nutrition literally overnight. Within 6 months I qualified for the Boston Marathon and have been getting faster as the months go by. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter the time you finish unless your trying to place, which is a whole different kind of training to place in races. It takes a lot of courage to commit to the training and I give props to anyone that lines up for any race whether it be a 5k or a Marathon regardless of there time. If your lining up for half marathon that’s half the battle and should be proud of that no matter the time. Cheers to your training and good luck with any future races you have!
Appreciate 0