View Single Post
      01-20-2022, 01:36 PM   #1
Triple Action
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i, '22 X5 xDrive 40i

Doggy damage to Merino leather?

My X7 was just completed at the factory yesterday, awaiting carrier assignment and supposed to be at the dealer on Saturday. The word "excitement" doesn't capture the mood adequately.

Anyway - I have a 3 year old golden retriever named Willie. I have been driving a 2013 Toyota SUV for the past 3 years (long story, wife got my E60 when I got Willie, and I got the mom car) and I plan to keep the mom car as the "beater".

But - Willie has been hard on that car. His claws ripped holes in the fake leather on 3 different seats, which wasn't cheap to fix. I keep them clipped short but still. I ended up buying a 2nd row seat cover which did the trick but looks terrible.

I don't mind the fur and the muddy paw prints so much, what I'm really worried about is damage to my Tartufo. I have to assume it's more durable than the perforated fake leather in the Toyo but I don't want to risk it. I also don't want to put seat covers on that amazing leather.

So I guess my question is what kind of experiences others have had, who had a large dog and got an X7. I got 2nd row captain's chairs and plan to make him lie down in the back, but inevitably he will climb up on the seats. Anyone out there had their seats damaged by dog claws from normal clambering around?
Appreciate 0