View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE_DR View Post
Here's a list of all the connected services of my X7 and how long they last for free. I have no idea what the cost is after. The in car WiFi does not effect any of the connected services. I did sign up for att unlimited data for in car WiFi at $20/mth. The $10/mth is a shared plan that uses your existing data plan with att . My wife will work from her laptop a lot in car doing errands through out the day and my kids use a ton of data with there iPads. I just did not want mess with my phone every time we got into car to turn hot spot on, etc..
Thanks for posting the details of the connected services. Feels like many services are going to expire in the first year of the car. I can't believe the Digital Key is also one of them. While I do not see a great benefit for it except if my car is parked at home and I forgot to hand over the keys to the home members and they wanted to use the car.

And look at this Apple CarPlay Compatibility service?! which will also expire in a year! What is BMW doing for this? I thought CarPlay is just related to the Phone and the head unit connectivity only?!

Wondering how much would be the renewal fee of each of those.
Appreciate 0