View Single Post
      06-06-2017, 02:19 AM   #21
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

I drove my CSL on tracks for 5 years, great car. And what Is very simular to the GTS Is no one did show love to CSL when It came out on market. Same thing on GTS😂
People was always like...duh I can make my E46 faster than CSL, bl.a. Bl.a., its just the cup tires that make CSL fast. Oh, what crap brake setup M put on CSL, Wtf was they thinking, CSL Is to much euros bl.a. Bl.a., its funny this. Its just the same thing on M4 GTS. Thing Is, and remember where you read It, It will be the same with GTS, let the years go past and them know nothing magazine riders will Love the M4 GTS in the same way they now Love the CSL. They only forgot they first did crap all over CSL. History repeat It selfe, Belive me.

Oh CSL is not even on the same level as GTS In terms of sheer pace and racecar feel and gripp level overal. (Edit CSL was back then mindblowing, Wtf Unreal back then) Engine on CSL, now that Is best ever racecar feel. Stock CSL did understeer bad, GTS nothing.
I destroyed 3 gearboxes In my CSL. and did rip apart that rear subframe Hence It crack apart. As I only drove It In gearbox setting Nr. 6, you could only reach nr. 6 If fully ESP off. (could not set It at gearbox fast nr.6 If not all ESP OFF)

And only nr. 6 the gearbox was fast In CSL. But car could not handle that.

Even today all people understand how big difference It Is on CSL vs normal M3, But back then most said Its no different than a M3😂. And Its to much euro, I rather buy M3 and bl.a. Bl.a. Put on cup tires and save me the euros and have a better faster car If I do this...and that ..bl.a. Bl.a. And for sure put on better BIGGER BRAKES than M did on put on CSL😂. Thing Is, the brakes people did crap all over and thats funny, now days people seems to forget the smal brakes on CSL.

Oh, It was small, and them brakes had a very small operating window, Hence most people did outbrake them selfe In to the sandtrap on track and they did say Wtf crap shit brakes....alot of no clue car magazine guys end there, and ALOT of average Joe drive.....and they all blame the crap smal brakes.

Now a more experienced driver would have no problem to give maximum braking a full trackday and put fast laptimes ....and he would stay In that small operating window of these brakes. He would not end up In to the sandtrap and blame the small brakes for it😂 The car It selfe was the same, very narrow gripp operating window Hence many crash their CSL. CSL a joy for the experience driver, wow It was Sweet In that way.

It so funny this, Its the same on GTS. O a few days ago I sat In a old CSL, man you sit high In that vs GTS!

I would never ever consider that old CSL today! Even I totaly defend It In the past as I do today with GTS. I very much did Love my CSL but Its an old car today and could never handle the way I drive It back then, so now at 10.000km ..no way.

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 06-06-2017 at 02:58 AM..
Appreciate 3
Rudeboy33.50
M4 CSL231.00
BMW953.00