Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I don't read that as low-power mode...
SA advised that it regulates fuel consumption more conservatively at that point. Its obviously not the same as limp low-power mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
Your comment is complete nonsense. The software reprogramming on the N54 models cycles the LOW pressure fuel pump longer on start-up to pressurize the fuel system because the failing HPFP doesn't hold the proper system pressure when the engine is not running. The software didn't change the HPFP usage at all. You still need to inject the proper volume of fuel at the correct pressure for the engine to function properly. The reprogramming just delays the HPFP failure as BMW owners have confirmed.
So basically, it says the same thing you have been inserting into every one of your posts. The software update is the most efficient time-friendly fix for the pump at the moment for N54 owners. They began production in 2006. A good majority of them are going to be problematic. A newer pump for every single pump that "fails" is not smart; given the large amount of 335i owners that have problems with them, this would not permit them to drive. It just doesn't make sense to continually bash the software update because of this.

And I know you are an extreme advocate of a permanent HPFP fix. Way to go

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0