View Single Post
      08-26-2020, 11:20 PM   #8
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

the x's setup is anything but autopilot. It kinda meanders in the lane at speed sometimes, but with very clearly-marked lane lines it's a bit more sure-footed. The traffic assist that operates under 40mph is, however, reasonably slick.

Autopilot in my coworker's 3 just does all the things. You're not going to get that in a bimmer.

As far as the question in the OP: I think the softest hefty sedan I've driven has been the lexus LS. I like my x7 more. It's every bit as quiet (moreso?), and overall more comfortable. Even though it's definitely a passenger-centric vehicle, it still drives rather well. Coming from my s6 I have zero complaints at all.

Skip the dynamic handling package and you'll be pushing your x7 off a bridge into a volcano. It makes the car.

edit: reading your reply, make sure that "50i" is the "m50i". Don't make that mistake.

I disliked the q7. I wanted to sleep the entire time I drove it. It was docile, perfectly fine, boring, but probably would wake up a bit in the sq or rsq variants. Still, feh. crap third row had me tossing it out. q8's chassis felt better and the rsq8 is a gem, but no third row and my local dealerships had the bright idea to charge a sensible accord on top of retail for them... yeahno.

my wife decided we were getting an odyssey. I decided she was wrong. Just... no.

new s class makes a compelling argument (GLS being the more appropriate competition), but I wanted 3 rows and the facelift S is due out next year?

Last edited by jsmonet; 08-26-2020 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0