View Single Post
      08-05-2022, 07:58 AM   #17
jdloyd01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by streborx View Post
I appreciate your anxiousness to get the car, but I would never have driven it off the dealer's lot.
Totally understand your viewpoint here. Here is my reasoning:

First, as to the stop sale. The dealer stated that the stop sale was their and that it was marked as having a resolution available. The resolution was a software patch. The dealer applied all available software patches to the car yesterday before letting me drive it. The issue (as I understand it) is that the stop sale did not specifically call out what patch fixed the issue and the dealer needed to confirm that before the official sale. So my car is fully patched with all software updates.

As to insurance - technically we are both insuring the car. My current insurance covers me when I am temporarily driving a car that does not belong to me and the dealers insurance covers cars they own. Now, I don't deny that things could get complicated if there is a wreck, that is why I am not going to drive it a bunch. It will sit at home in the garage mostly. No long trips.

Lastly - the dealership had no issues letting me take the car. In fact, it was there idea I take it. I would have been fine leaving it at the dealer. They seem to have most of the risk here. There are liability concerns, reputational concerns, and contractual/legal concerns that they are responsible for following. I don't feel, given my experience with this dealer and their reputation with BMW, that they are acting recklessly in this situation.

Last edited by jdloyd01; 08-05-2022 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 3