Thread: chicago
View Single Post
      10-27-2021, 10:00 PM   #17
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Don't worry floridaorange , I'll fill you in on extraordinary stuff (besides me of course).

- If you're coming up here within the next several months it'll be pretty cold. If you happen to come up here and it's warm, the architectural boat tour is a great activity if it's not something you've done before. They also have night tours that travel through the Chicago river and end with a fireworks display. Make sure you catch the right day for that.

- There's touristy stuff like millenium park, the bean, grant park, buckingham fountain, etc. If you're into that sort of thing. They're cool to see if you've never seen them but I wouldn't call them "exraordinary"

- The Riverwalk has lots of great restaurants with great views.

- Michigan Ave for all your bougie shopping needs

- Navy Pier is a fun place. Great views of the skyline, nice boat tours - they also have dinner cruises that depart from there (book tickets in advance)

- For valentines day I took my then fiance on a helicopter tour of downtown Chicago which was pretty epic. You're basically flying right next to high rise buildings. Highly recommended.

- If you're into museums/art, the museum of contemporary art is pretty cool.

- For the absolute best view of the Chicago skyline, head to the adler planetarium. You can park your car on the street in front of the planetarium and just hop out onto the field for a great view.

Restaurants to consider:

- If you want a truly extraordinary dinner experience fit for an anniversary, Alinea is one of only 14 restaurants in the country that have 3 michelin stars. It's pricey ($250/person BEFORE any alcohol), and you'll have to book well in advance. But it's a super unique 3 hour dinner experience.
- 7 gates in Countryside. Excellent Syrian food - shoei recently had some so he can vouch for this place
- Pequods Pizza - IMO the best pizza in Chicago
- Yuzu Sushi - Sushi with incredible presentation and tastes great too
- Au Cheval - One of the best burgers in Chicago
- Ming Hin Cuisine - My favorite spot for dim sum
- Golden Bull - Awesome Chinese food
- Joy Yee - Huge bubble tea menu

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1