View Single Post
      09-01-2022, 11:50 AM   #31
Daddypatric01
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis78757@yahoo.com View Post
I've just taken delivery of the newest gen X7 and I'm enjoying the changes, maybe not all of them, but it's a refresh over first gen and I like the refinements. One area not refined is the AC. I noticed immediately on a very hot Texas test drive day that the AC was anemic, at best. I'm not sure if they lowered the capacity of the blower motor or all AC bits, but it really sucks. I thought I was a little nuts, or that it was just a really hot day, so I've given it a few shots now that the X7 is in my driveway. To no avail, the AC is just plain anemic, and it is not going to work for anyone in Texas, or very hot/humid climates. I'm taking it in for service in a week. For 90k, I will require an AC that can handle the Texas heat. Everyone should. -I've experienced this before with a 2016 X5. The AC never worked well. A service advisor just shrugged his shoulders and said that is just the way it is with X5s. I sold the car immediately. I now have a 2022 X5M, and the AC will blow you into the back seat. It's perfectly functional, and then some. So, I don't buy, 'that's just the way it is.." I despise lazy service techs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis78757@yahoo.com View Post
I've just taken delivery of the newest gen X7 and I'm enjoying the changes, maybe not all of them, but it's a refresh over first gen and I like the refinements. One area not refined is the AC. I noticed immediately on a very hot Texas test drive day that the AC was anemic, at best. I'm not sure if they lowered the capacity of the blower motor or all AC bits, but it really sucks. I thought I was a little nuts, or that it was just a really hot day, so I've given it a few shots now that the X7 is in my driveway. To no avail, the AC is just plain anemic, and it is not going to work for anyone in Texas, or very hot/humid climates. I'm taking it in for service in a week. For 90k, I will require an AC that can handle the Texas heat. Everyone should. -I've experienced this before with a 2016 X5. The AC never worked well. A service advisor just shrugged his shoulders and said that is just the way it is with X5s. I sold the car immediately. I now have a 2022 X5M, and the AC will blow you into the back seat. It's perfectly functional, and then some. So, I don't buy, 'that's just the way it is.." I despise lazy service techs.
Here also
Appreciate 0