View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 04:48 AM   #4
Had0uken!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93 Convertible

I did this! Rear tyres were shot on my 335i so replaced them with Pilot Super Sports, fronts were still nearly new bridgestone runflats which i was going to get changed out in the next couple of weeks also. I ended up running the car with non run flats on the rear and run flats on the front for near on 6 months - couldnt complain tbh, the non run flats on the rear softened the rear to around the same as the run flats on the front (previously the rear felt much harder due to higher pressures - less sidewall etc!).
6 months later i swapped the fronts to non run flat pirellis, kind of regretted this as non run flats all round make the steering feel a bit slushy - loses some of the turn in feel with the softer tyres (ride was much improved and the grip will have been too but it wasnt as confidence inspiring when pushing on as the steering felt vague). If i did it again i'd say the run flats on the front with the non run flats on the back felt the best to me.
This was on a e93 msport convertible with 19" MV4's. I've now got another facelift e93 msport convertible with the 19" facelift alloys and runflats all around and wanting to change to non run flats but reluctant to do so as not wanting the vague steering feel you get with the non run flats up front again.
Car always had a full 4 wheel laser alignment when changing tyres before anyone says it was that.
Appreciate 0