Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
IMO, the superior engineering and technology that has allowed HAM achieve what he has, period. He would still win if he was in a Red Bull but nowhere near as much. Fact: Unless there is a level playing field, statistics (e.g. wins, qualifiers, etc.) whether HAM or Verstappen is better are irrelevant. Ham's statistics are attached to asterisks.

*Only won in a Mercedes. Mercedes technology/engineering, like the Ferrari of Schumacher was superior at the time to any other competitor. How did Schumacher do after he came out of a retirement?

*Drove same Mercedes newbie driver George Russell sat in at the last moment and basically won in the first time he drove it.

Barry Bonds hit more home runs than Babe Ruth in one season. However, we all know the steroids and steroids administration today are better than those Ruth had access to. I'd only be expressing an opinion by saying Bonds is better based on "statistics". It's not a level playing field, period.

Only way we will ever know is if we put both in the same car, with no competing interests, same crews, same conditions etc. If that were to happen, in my opinion, Verstappen, Schumacher, Senna, Russell, would wipe the floor with HAM, who'd be too busy instagramming and social justicing.
Thank you for, once again, confirming that there are people who watch F1 and know nothing about it.

HAM Statistics at McLaren from 2007 to 2012

Total Race Wins: 21 of the 33 race wins. That's 64%
Total Pole Positions: 26 of 30 pole positions. That's 87%

The competition: Alonso...beat him in 2007. KOV...beat him in 2008 and 2009. BUT...beat him in 2010, lost in 2011 and beat him in 2012.

HAM has 6 years at McLaren and dusted his teammates. I guess you think ALO is a slap-dick since HAM beat him...correct? What's your opinion on BUT? Must be slap-dick, as well.

There isn't a driver in the modern history of F1 who has faced the competition that HAM has but for PRO, SEN, PIQ and LAU.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0