03-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #82
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutUpandDrive View Post
Weights??
Yes. I can almost crunch my bodyweight (6'1-6'2 @ 180). If you just sit down and start crunching all those articles about it being worthless are correct. Add some quality resistance and build on it and those articles are 100% WRONG. I do maybe 200-400 crunches with resistance 4x a week.

For those that are healthy (and will still be careful) pre workout supplements are amazing and I wish I'd taken them a long time ago as the energy for endurance lifting is amazing. I'm about a year into regular supplement use and its just outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkniteF12 View Post
I just started to eat very lean protien (no sugar or fatty sauces, etc.) and researched what the weight of my cooked food translated into in terms of calories (when info on packages was not available) and kept it at about 1000 a day. Some days I added a fist size of veggies to one meal (mainly lunch). Also lots of water and VW Zero. The funny thing is, after about 1.5 weeks of just protien meals I started to last longer (not as hungry) between meals, so sometimes I had to make myself eat. I researched a lot about how many calories your body needs to live each day (based on activity levels and body type) and to never go below 500 calories a day to avoid your body going into starvation mode. Again, it worked for me so just do what works for you...and I actually enjoy food more now because I focus on what I put in my body and really really look forward to cheat days, but sometimes I save a cheat day when I know holidays/events are coming up....its about balance after you reach your goal. Also, don't forget to check your body fat %...that to me is just as important....some people appear to be skinny...but they are skinny fat (high fat % but low muscle and water weight). A little weight training, lean protien and good fats (omega 3, etc) intake will help with that.
Don't buy all that starvation mode crap. Even if you ate 500 if you did it long enough the body would start burning away. Flip side I did 500 when I was cutting for lifting and was told NEVER go below 700. I cheat plenty of days but as long as you're back on the program it'll be fine. I'd crush a pizza for my birthday after months of routine and within a week that pizza was nowhere to be found on the scale.

If you guys who are overweight really cleanse your body of the crap thats out there you will honestly get sick if you try and eat it again. If you've got the willpower to really eat good (even throw out meats) for say 2-5 weeks, then go try and have a pizza you'll probably be sick as a dog. I can't even eat a hamburger anymore (7-10 times) without getting ungodly sick.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 03-28-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0