02-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #75
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25
Simple solution - don't have kids and get what you really want to drive.

In all seriousness though, I understand the market exists for these types of vehicles, but it doesn't change the fact that ALL of them are pretty ridiculous and revolting.

Yes, the driving dynamics of your X7 might be better than an Expedition...but who cares on some level? They're both small buses.

The funny thing is that I can't see this kind of car working in many environments - I travel internationally for work a decent amount, and most of the places I have been in Europe and Central/South America have Golfs or Focuses with 5 full sized adults in them on a daily basis...good thing they're going to be built here in the US.

Agree that this vehicle is only going to work in a few markets. Mainly the U.S. and I bet it will sell in China huge.

A BMW X is a better vehicle in every way, on every single day you own it than a Tahoe or Expedition or Yukon Denali. Better driving position. Lower center of gravity. More car like feel. Better acceleration. Better build quality. Less depreciation. Better resale value. Etc etc etc.

It's not just Driving dynamics but also the fact that it IS A BMW. If a BMW car feels better and is more enjoyable vehicle overall than most other cars on the road then certainly one can understand that a BMW SAV/SUV is better than most other SUVs on the road.

I was at Eagles Canyon Raceway a few weeks back and in the novice class, a fellow in an x5M was giving the business to all the cars in the novice group including an E90M3. While it was taller, it certainly didn't look out of place and the E90 driver had to hustle to not be passed.

Pretty cool that the driver of the x5m could then head home and call his family on the way and tell them to be ready for him to pick them up and go straight to dinner.

Let's see this happen in a minivan !
Appreciate 1