BALL3N
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330xi, 2019 X3 x30i

Garage List
2020 330xi  [0.00]
So much hate out there...

I'm not in love with it as is...the chrome finishes definitely don't do it for me. The huge upright air curtain inlets, air breather outlets behind the front AND rear wheels are somewhat obnoxious....but I get why they did it...for the concept. It makes it easy to see the important technology that doesn't sacrifice performance to get extra efficiency from a distance at a car show or press event.

On the plus side, if you just look at the sheet metal, the side contours are well done, especially the front and rear door profiles. The hood/fender lines are strong. The windshield trim to roof rail as a continuous flow is actually quite nice. All the glass lines are on point, even without the view of the show car roof in sight. I spy an ample, upright cockpit for a LEGIT third row. The interior continues some of the exciting flowy forms debuted in the 8 Series Concept Coupe.

I predict: 1) They will tone down the grille a little. 2) the headlights won't be quite that slim...at least pre LCI, since they still have to have a bigger enclosure for LED headlights and those can only be done with laser. 3) The overdone aero bits will be significantly toned down for production and/also in different finishes to suit different tastes. 4) Those super cool, Tesla-like door handles either won't make it to production or they'll only be on the high end super luxury version. 5) As usual, production side mirrors will be much larger and the wheels will neither be as large or ornate when the car is built for market.

I've handled lots of ///M's, Euro Deliveries, PC Deliveries, Dual Deliveries, some Individual Orders, an M4 GTS, an M760xi.
Appreciate 2
mkoesel7505.50