View Single Post
      10-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #51
skw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Easy man. Just sharing thoughts. You obviously aren't reading the whole post. I'm just thinking the GLS, both new and current, will represent stiff competition given the price of the X7. As for quickness and power, who knows how they are geared and how they'll stack up. 0-60 isn't everything. Think about hauling, passing, etc. MB has strong engines, and BMW put an engine with the same output as a 340 in a big car. I was just a little surprised to see this and believe the new GLS 450 will increase output.

Again, I am BMW guy that also owns a GL and is curious as to how the cards will fall. I was hoping for more power in the base model and that the X7 would be a slam dunk for me.
While the X7 is going to also have the B58 like the 340, there's a few different versions of it. Between the various models' ordering guides, I've seen B58, B58B, and B58M, all with different outputs. I'm w/ you as in we have a GLE now and a GLS on order that will be here next month. Lease timing didn't work out to wait for the X7 or new GLS but hopefully both will be in their 2nd year for our next go-round.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
Appreciate 0